UFC Event Management
In 2014 the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was a popular and established sport in the US
While there was interest in EMEA (to ensure sell-outs), little understanding of these audiences existed or how they could be engaged to increase revenue.
Outside the US, the UFC’s social media audience was under-developed, with all online media dominated by US events.
Seven League were engaged with the UFC’s EMEA division to understand the potential audience and provide enhanced digital coverage of the organisation’s live events in Europe by embedding 7L staff within the organisation.
What We Did
- We embedded two staff members within UFC EMEA, implementing a social media strategy for the promotion and sales of the first London event in 2014
- Since that first event, we have driven social media and digital content delivery for multiple events including:
2014: London, Abu Dhabi, Berlin, Dublin, Stockholm
2015: Stockholm, Krakow, Berlin, Glasgow and Dublin
2016: London, Zagreb, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Manchester
- Services focused on content strategy, planning and delivery, social media management, SEM, budgeting and target setting, consultation on 3rd party platforms, reporting and the research and development of country expansion plans in key markets
- We developed local content formats leveraging UFC talent to grow and engage EMEA audiences
- UFC has seen continued improvement of day-to-day digital operations around planning, scheduling and media partnerships, as well as increased internal digital education
- Shortlisted in two categories for The Drum’s 2014 Social Buzz Awards for UFC Fight Week Dublin
- Introduction of new technologies that supported near real-time video to social, live-blogging and UGC mobile video curation
- Launched new UFC Europe social accounts on Vine, Reddit, Spotify, Periscope, Snapchat and Instagram
- UFC Europe Twitter audience over the past two years has grown by 80.27%, from 52,190 to 94,081
- The Facebook audience has grown by 2,129% from 65,550 to 1,461,255