UEFA Central Digital Support
54 National Associations participate in UEFA’s leagues and competitions.
UEFA and Seven League identified the need to improve the digital platforms, capabilities and content output for these associations.
While some associations have significant resource and digital teams, others are small and have only just started their digital journey. A customised support program was required to accelerate digital performance no matter what level of resource and ability.
Seven League were engaged by UEFA to devise and execute a digital acceleration plan that could be implemented with any association, whatever their digital maturity.
What We Did
- We developed a digital support programme aimed at accelerating digital performance for each association
- Three key stages were identified:
- Initial assessment of digital platforms and country landscape to inform strategy.
- Objectives and strategy development (full day workshop with each association).
- Fine-tuning of the digital strategy, including implementation plan and work streams (via a dedicated Digital Strategy Roadmap report).
- Each National Association was provided with examples of best practice, benchmarking and quarterly reports to track their progress
- Recommendations were provided for continued improvement
- Over 47 National Associations now have clearly defined digital strategies, with clear plans for using digital to achieve their business goals
- Over 400 people have taken part in digital strategy workshops – an educational exercise that promotes digital DNA within the association
- National association social media channels now have in excess of 36 million fans
- 10 new digital roles have been created to support digital activities
YouTube channels have been opened, digital content is being sponsored, websites have been optimised for mobile, content planning processes have been put in place and digital channels have impacted on ticket sales.