Premier League – Localisation Strategy
The English Premier League is the most watched league in the world. It is broadcast in 212 territories, reaching 643 million homes and with an estimated audience of 4.7 billion people.
PremierLeague.com was already translated into 6 languages, but with no truly localised content.
The Premier League had identified key strategic markets to invest in through digital channels, and Seven League were engaged to advise on strategy and approach to these markets.
What We Did
- Using quantitative research we investigated demographic and attitudinal factors about the Premier League in strategic territories
- Assessed market reports on internet penetration, access speed, devices and social platforms
- Undertook extensive desk-based research on popular platforms, content consumption and competitive environment
- Interviewed industry experts
- Worked with the client to explore, refine and articulate their objectives
- Delivered a comprehensive report, setting overall strategy and tailored approach by key audience group and market
Identified and agreed key audience groups
- Provided recommendations on products, services and platforms. Suggested a new organisational structure and associated job descriptions
- Detailed financial model on the level of investment required. Drafted project execution plan and phasing of deliverables
- Provided a robust, costed and planned strategic approach to enable the PL to deliver on the next phase of their global expansion plan