Football Association of Wales – Deep Fan Engagement
The Football Association of Wales run the ‘Together Stronger’ marketing campaign, which aims to unite Welsh football fans, the players and the nation.
Seven League were asked to bring the campaign to life on digital platforms with the aim of increasing fan engagement and promoting ticket sales to two international home games in Cardiff.
Seven League were engaged to develop and execute a creative digital fan engagement strategy to support the wider Together Stronger campaign.
What We Did
- We developed a campaign that focused on the fans, aiming to bring them closer to the superstar players and promote ticket sales
- Welsh football fans were offered a chance to be a part of a unique #TogetherStronger Photo Mosaic featuring Ashley Williams, Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsay
- Social media was used to ask fans to submit their profile pictures. We used the players and other key influencers to spread the word
- The final mosaic appeared on the FAW website, fans were driven there to find themselves in the image – when they got there, tickets to the two home games were promoted
- 214,000 fan submissions
- 5,000 fan profile pictures selected to create the mosaic
- The activity reached 10,900,000 users on Facebook and Twitter
- 3,044 new users to the FAW ticket site
The mosaic launched both digitally and physically – appearing on the FAW website, in social media, on the big screen in the stadium and inside two Euro Qualifier match day programmes.
“The end result of the mosaic, alongside other marketing activity, was a match day attendance record.”
Ian Davis, Head of Marketing and Commercial, FAW