DHL Content Delivery
DHL is the global market leader in express and logistics, with operations in over 220 countries and territories.
In 2015 DHL were the Official Logistics Partner of the Rugby World Cup – hosted by England, it was set to be the biggest and best Rugby World Cup ever.
DHL identified an agency to execute on the sponsorship, however a number of challenges around digital content and social media planning, production and reporting needed specialist digital expertise to be resolved in order for them to successfully execute on their sponsorship strategy. Seven League were engaged to resolve challenges in digital content production, deliver #TACKLEMAN content and provide reporting insights for the duration of the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Seven League were engaged to resolve challenges in digital content production, deliver #TACKLEMAN content and provide reporting insights for the duration of the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
What We Did
- Seven League identified the challenges in digital content production workflow and highlighted quick wins
- We devised an ongoing, long-term plan for how to deal with them ahead of the World Cup and were brought in to guide the team throughout the Rugby World Cup campaign, alongside the Bright Partnerships team
- We advised DHL on target audience segmentation, provided an extensive analysis of existing social media activities and key recommendations
- Fortnightly reports tracked performance against KPIs, included benchmarking against peers and offered insights for continued optimisation
- Faltering delivery led to Seven League taking over content output for the #TACKLEMAN campaign two weeks into the Rugby World Cup
- Original social media video content produced with rugby legends, Adam Jones and Ali Williams.
- Noted increase in the use of the #TACKLEMAN hashtag resulting in 4,623 tweets sent by 2,782 contributors using the hashtag to generate an estimated reach of 2,110,693 users
- Regular reports and insights supported continued efforts to hit KPIs