Datatainment is, as the name suggests, a cross between data and entertainment — it’s when people are being entertained using data. This could be the raw data being visualised in an entertaining way, or just the raw data being visualised as part of something entertaining.
It’s the difference between an audience being shown a set of data and entertaining them with it. Datatainment is particularly applicable in sport because of the huge amount of information that sport provides.
These are the posts we have written on datatainment.
- Data? Entertainment? You need datatainment.
- Defining Data Visualisation, Data Journalism and Data Entertainment
- Strictly Come Dancing — More sequins in sport and the Entertainment layer
- Stop Making Football Data So Much Hard Work!
- LiveRugby app – second screen or settling an argument?
- Towards Datatainment — Working with Data Gods